Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
English version (disscussion). (Read 271179 times)
Reply #15 - 07. Mar 2011 at 22:33

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Talemones wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 08:36:
13. A superweapon! A very BIG and expensive missile! I would suggest a placeable missile launcher, which has exactly one missile, you can launch it one time and thats it. The missile should have 3-4 hitpoints (so it needs 3-4 hits from ACML) and do huge damage in a huge range.

Super weapon is Nova Class Missile with 6 Nuclear Warheads! Smiley))
Hitpoints - it is new system. There is much work with balance attack and defense player's ability.

14. It is hard to see where the enemy missiles detonate on your island. Let all missiles fly from the edge of the map (after arrival, when the voice says "Missile approaching") to the impact location, if they only have recon then just make them travel accross the enemy map taking the photos. Please implent this, this would make the game like 100 times more fun to watch, i would even pay $$$ for it. You already have all missile models completed and all the effects, it  should not be that hard to implent. I would donate 100$ right now with paypal if you start working on this feature.

Hm, we will think about it. Smiley

15. I cant delete any designs, the buttons just dont do anything for me. Also, is there a way to launch specific missiles from a CML launcher? like there are 8 missiles loaded and i want to launch one with recon module in em 

You can choose a manual reload, and load exact missile in launch tube. This manually loaded CM will fire from command center "launch" button.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 08. Mar 2011 at 04:00

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Lord Danil wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 21:36:
Talemones wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 08:28:
1. I get random crashes, the game just freezes and then it crashes to desktop. When i click on any multiplayer host map setting (like map size) then the game freezes, allways repeatable. My system: Win 7 64 bit, HD 5850, 4GB Ram, newest drivers.

Hm, we don't test on Win 7, may be it is capability problem. We try check this.

I have found the bug, I have fixed it in my Dev Environment we will try and push it out ASAP. Thanks for reporting it.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 08. Mar 2011 at 15:01

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Nice!

I cant wait to try out multiplayer, looks very promising Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 08. Mar 2011 at 16:43

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Talemones wrote on 08. Mar 2011 at 15:01:
Nice!

I cant wait to try out multiplayer, looks very promising Smiley

Hi,
Great, I hope you will be able to beat Lord Danil Smiley.
We are already working on the missile flying to the player's map, we should push this out with the crash fix. You do not have to donate anything, just be kind to review the game on impulsedriven.com and give it as many stars as you think it deserves. Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 08. Mar 2011 at 20:31

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Woahh, thats amazing...and guess what? i did write a review on gamersgate (i buyed it there) 4/5 stars for you, its pretty long too, its currently beeing reviewed by the gamersgate staff and should be viewable by the public soon Smiley.

Another crazy suggestion:

if the missiles actualy fly around on the map, then some close range defenses would be possible  Cool

Imagine a small building, like an short range missile launcher (with 2 square range (more range with better research), it will shot any missile that enters its range, it will use the same chance to hit as the ACML missiles, of course you would also need to produce the interceptor missiles in a factory.

I dont think its very hard to do, because you "only" would need a new building model, all other stuff is already in the game and just need to be enchanced. The hardest part would be to teach the ai how to use it Smiley

i have so many ideas for this great game that i could write a book about it Cheesy

i finished my german translation of all text entrys. I cant get the language changing screen (option menu) working. It just doesnt show any buttons/entrys.

Can i send my \Direct Hit\Localdata\En Text files to some dev so they could implent my translation? I think its pretty decent, i will also check 2 more times for spelling errors

Another question:

On Gamedescription, it says multiplayer over warnet server? i only find the option for TCP/IP multiplayer

edit: found another bug:

Nothing happens when i click on the $ symbol, top right corner, after looking through the files in the install directory it should open a finance window but nothing happens. The energy screen works fine (clicking on the energy symbol right next to the $ one)

« Last Edit: 09. Mar 2011 at 00:21 by Talemones »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 09. Mar 2011 at 16:05

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Talemones wrote on 08. Mar 2011 at 20:31:
Woahh, thats amazing...and guess what? i did write a review on gamersgate (i buyed it there) 4/5 stars for you, its pretty long too, its currently beeing reviewed by the gamersgate staff and should be viewable by the public soon Smiley.

Ok! Great! I send mail to Gamer'sGate and Impulse, and soon update will be available for download.

Another crazy suggestion:
if the missiles actualy fly around on the map, then some close range defenses would be possible  Cool
Imagine a small building, like an short range missile launcher (with 2 square range (more range with better research), it will shot any missile that enters its range, it will use the same chance to hit as the ACML missiles, of course you would also need to produce the interceptor missiles in a factory.
I dont think its very hard to do, because you "only" would need a new building model, all other stuff is already in the game and just need to be enchanced. The hardest part would be to teach the ai how to use it Smiley

Good idea, we will think about it. It may be difficult now for add to game because there is need do new AI for levels, because new building will be add to system.

i have so many ideas for this great game that i could write a book about it Cheesy 

Smiley))))))

i finished my german translation of all text entrys. I cant get the language changing screen (option menu) working. It just doesnt show any buttons/entrys.

Are you native German? We could be add a german launguage language support. Send all material to me - std@polynetix.com

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #21 - 09. Mar 2011 at 16:22

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Another question:

On Gamedescription, it says multiplayer over warnet server? i only find the option for TCP/IP multiplayer

Yes. We planned dedicated server. It make easier to find partner for play over internet. But we cut this feature. (Just lock it).

edit: found another bug:

Nothing happens when i click on the $ symbol, top right corner, after looking through the files in the install directory it should open a finance window but nothing happens. The energy screen works fine (clicking on the energy symbol right next to the $ one)

Yes you are right, but be cut this feature, I think this is useless. Smiley

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #22 - 09. Mar 2011 at 20:15

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Yes, my native Language is german.

Im on my second quality pass with my translation, seems to be pretty good, had to change some words cos theyre to long, i also cant use german special letters like äüö

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 09. Mar 2011 at 22:35

Sinatra   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

01 wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 16:32:
Hi,
I am sorry that you are having all these troubles with the game,  and I am ready to help you get over them. I would like to know:
1. what is the last action you take before the game crashes?
2. Can you try to play in window mode (just uncheck fullscreen in the options and return to the main menu)
3. Maybe You could tell me in a nutshell how you play that second mission (which buildings you use in which order etc...)
Thanks for playing the game, It's much appr

Hi,

to your questions:
1. sometimes the crashes are random and are not related to any actions... but 50% of the times it crashes when I press the button for "Defense, target, launch"
2.I tried it now several times in window mode and it doesn´t crash as often as it does in fullscreen. Though now it always crashes in the 5th mission.... (never got through this mission)
3. Most times the crashes occur after ~30 min... by then I have about 30-40 windgenerators, 2 research centers, 5 factories, 1-2 nuclear power plants, some storages, batteries, packer and the first couple of aml´s and cml´s...

By the way... I tried the game on a fourth computer now and it doesn´t work either... so now I´m really wondering why there are no other players (or just very few) complining about the crashes??????????????
But the game is compatible to 64 bit OS, right?

thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: 11. Mar 2011 at 22:07 by Lord Danil »  
IP Logged

Reply #24 - 09. Mar 2011 at 23:50

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I also get random crashes, not bound to any action, it mostly happens when i click stuff, it just freezes and then crash to desktop. I also noticed that i wasnt able to select 16/9 resolutions, i had to manualy edit the resolution.ini to get it in there.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 10. Mar 2011 at 16:12

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Talemones wrote on 09. Mar 2011 at 23:50:
I also get random crashes, not bound to any action, it mostly happens when i click stuff, it just freezes and then crash to desktop. I also noticed that i wasnt able to select 16/9 resolutions, i had to manualy edit the resolution.ini to get it in there.

Hi,The crash bug has been fixed and should be out with the next update. Sorry for that. Sad

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 11. Mar 2011 at 22:02

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

I also get random crashes, not bound to any action, it mostly happens when i click stuff, it just freezes and then crash to desktop. 

Patch 1 (Build 1619) 11 March 2011.
---
Fixed crash to desktop in some places on some configuration pc.
Fixed crash to desktop in multi-player menu when trying configure locations parameters.
---
Added CM missiles fall animation on a maps.
Added black points on minimaps - last missiles impacts.

-----------------------
I just uploaded this patch on Gamer'sGate and Impulse, soon in will be available for download.

I also noticed that i wasnt able to select 16/9 resolutions, i had to manualy edit the resolution.ini to get it in there.

Strange, because game takes all available screen resolution form windows settings. Anyway you do right.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #27 - 11. Mar 2011 at 22:05

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Talemones wrote on 09. Mar 2011 at 20:15:
Yes, my native Language is german.

Im on my second quality pass with my translation, seems to be pretty good, had to change some words cos theyre to long, i also cant use german special letters like äüö

Yes, this letters not support our font. In future we can make support those letters. Wink

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 11. Mar 2011 at 22:12

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Sinatra wrote on 09. Mar 2011 at 22:35:
Hi,
to your questions:
1. sometimes the crashes are random and are not related to any actions... but 50% of the times it crashes when I press the button for "Defense, target, launch"
2.I tried it now several times in window mode and it doesn´t crash as often as it does in fullscreen. Though now it always crashes in the 5th mission.... (never got through this mission)
3. Most times the crashes occur after ~30 min... by then I have about 30-40 windgenerators, 2 research centers, 5 factories, 1-2 nuclear power plants, some storages, batteries, packer and the first couple of aml´s and cml´s...

By the way... I tried the game on a fourth computer now and it doesn´t work either... so now I´m really wondering why there are no other players (or just very few) complining about the crashes??????????????
But the game is compatible to 64 bit OS, right?

thanks for your help!

All problems may solve our first patch. Try to patch the game and write here about it. I hope that problems will be solved.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #29 - 11. Mar 2011 at 22:40

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

My german translation is now finished. I will send it to std@polynetix.com Smiley

My E-Mail will be Darkreaver1980@arcor.de

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print