Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
English version (disscussion). (Read 271176 times)
13. Feb 2011 at 18:20

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Let's start...

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04. Mar 2011 at 23:50

mechanoid   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hello!

I just bought Direct Hit on impulse. First of all I congratulate you on producing such an interesting and well done game. Direct Hit looks fine and runs stable on my Win 7 64 system.

Some questions and suggestions I that I have after playing for some hours:

- I can't find a manual - the game definitely needs one!
- I did not find a way to save a game during missions
- I could not figure out the victory conditions - what do I have to da to win a game?
- the first game of the campaign takes very long because there are no ways to improve the missiles and most research options are locked.
- Is there a way to produce complete missiles in the factory? Manually producing all the components requires too much clicking...

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05. Mar 2011 at 19:50

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi there,

i buyed the game 2 days ago and i realy like it. It mostly plays like a remake from the game "Metal Marines".

I have several suggestions:

1. Please put in a way to auto rise/lower terrain for more than one square, its realy a pain if you want to build 20+ windmills on the highest level possible.

2. Its a pain to connect ever friggin windmill manualy to the energynet. Why doesnt it work if i draw a simple line across all my windmills so they get connected? currently i have to click on evey single windmill and then click on the one next to it, till all my 20+ windmills in the line are connected. Thats just no fun

3. Please make more videos for intercepting enemy Missiles, i realy like the short video but it needs some variation. Make the videos so that you dont know exactly what happens until the last second (like the current video when the missile flys, well done!)

4. A skirmish mode! please! This game needs one! Just a way to play vs AI with everything enabled on a map that you select

5. More ways to defend yourself, how about a shield generator that protects buildings? it uses power from your batteries, wouldnt that be neat?!  Smiley

6. Love the game  Grin
« Last Edit: 05. Mar 2011 at 22:08 by Talemones »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 05. Mar 2011 at 20:02

Sinatra   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

mechanoid wrote on 04. Mar 2011 at 23:50:
Hello!

I just bought Direct Hit on impulse. First of all I congratulate you on producing such an interesting and well done game. Direct Hit looks fine and runs stable on my Win 7 64 system.

- I could not figure out the victory conditions - what do I have to da to win a game?
- the first game of the campaign takes very long because there are no ways to improve the missiles and most research options are locked.
- Is there a way to produce complete missiles in the factory? Manually producing all the components requires too much clicking...

Hi,

in order to win the game you have to find and destroy the other command center(s).

but I have a problem too.... when I play the second mission the game keeps exiting without any error message. I´ve installed the game on two other computers (with a different configuration), but unfortuantely with the same result...

Does anyone have the same problem? Or does anyone know a solution???

And by the way... great game!!!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06. Mar 2011 at 22:52

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Hello!

This is great! We do not test on Win 7, so you got a great news! Smiley

Manual? But we explain all features in tutorial windows.

We don't have save game in combat stage.... Smiley

You need to destroy enemy base - "Dropship" (and additional bases if they were built).

Yes, but other mission take a more time to win... Smiley

I know, but later I think we could add some automation.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06. Mar 2011 at 23:12

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Talemones wrote on 05. Mar 2011 at 19:50:
Hi there,
i buyed the game 2 days ago and i realy like it. It mostly plays like a remake from the game "Metal Marines".

I am glad to here it. I newer played in Metal Marines. Now I check this... 
I have several suggestions:
1. Please put in a way to auto rise/lower terrain for more than one square, its realy a pain if you want to build 20+ windmills on the highest level possible.

I think this is may be useful, but in some time it will take a very big disadvantage. When you close to sea level rise a terrain is highly cost. You may inadvertently spend a large sum of money.

2. Its a pain to connect ever friggin windmill manualy to the energynet. Why doesnt it work if i draw a simple line across all my windmills so they get connected? currently i have to click on evey single windmill and then click on the one next to it, till all my 20+ windmills in the line are connected. Thats just no fun

May be you are right. (My tips: I create line, and connect 2 nearest Wind generators through line, 2 clicks 2 connected Wgen.)

3. Please make more videos for intercepting enemy Missiles, i realy like the short video but it needs some variation. Make the videos so that you dont know exactly what happens until the last second (like the current video when the missile flys, well done!)

Smiley Ok. I think it would be nice.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 06. Mar 2011 at 23:18

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

4. A skirmish mode! please! This game needs one! Just a way to play vs AI with everything enabled on a map that you select

Smiley Skirmish was in early version, but we cut this, because we have a problem with AI on newly generated terrain. So AI is only working on pre-generated terrain only.

5. More ways to defend yourself, how about a shield generator that protects buildings? it uses power from your batteries, wouldnt that be neat?!  Smiley

Cool Idea! In early alpha we have a holograms building, that used to used to mask the real buildings.

6. Love the game  Grin

I know now that we have spent 3 years of development is not in vain. Thank you for your post!

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 06. Mar 2011 at 23:24

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Sinatra wrote on 05. Mar 2011 at 20:02:
Hi,
but I have a problem too.... when I play the second mission the game keeps exiting without any error message. I´ve installed the game on two other computers (with a different configuration), but unfortuantely with the same result...

What OC you use? Do you have a 2 Gb free (!) phys. memory? Can you write your configuration (and others pc)?
How long game running?

Smiley

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 07. Mar 2011 at 02:32

Sinatra   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Lord Danil wrote on 06. Mar 2011 at 23:24:
Hi,

What OC you use? Do you have a 2 Gb free (!) phys. memory? Can you write your configuration (and others pc)?
How long game running?

Smiley

Hi,

thanks for your quick reaply!

Like I said... the first mission runs without problems... It always crashes against the medium AI (red) and sometimes crashes against the easy AI (blue). Most times the game crashes after 30 min... sometimes earlier...

The configurations of the PC´s are the following:

1. Quad Core 6600, Geforce 9800 GT, 4 GB RAM, Vista 64 bit
2. Quad Core 9550, Geforce GTX 250, 8 GB RAM, Vista 64 bit
3. AMD X6, ATI 6950 with 2 GB, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit

I think it is a bit weird that no one else is having this problem, but me on all three computers...  Cry  if it helps: I bought the game on Impulse...

Please help... I wanna continue this game!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 07. Mar 2011 at 08:28

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi again,

i played now several campaign missions, here is my feedback:

1. I get random crashes, the game just freezes and then it crashes to desktop. When i click on any multiplayer host map setting (like map size) then the game freezes, allways repeatable. My system: Win 7 64 bit, HD 5850, 4GB Ram, newest drivers.

2. I realy like the buildings, great design! i would like to have more building options, like a 2x2 Windmill (needs research first!)

3. There are several bugs, missing features: The ACML launch animation is missing/not playing. Sometimes when i rise/lower the amount of stuff in the factory then the counter resets to 0, so i need to click again. The CML missiles disapear to soon after launch. Why cant i watch them fly away till they reach the end of the map   Undecided

4. I dont like the first campaign mission, allmost no research options, not a single missile case to research = boring, long gameplay.

5. Some way to play vs ai on any map without having to start the campaign (+ playing the first boring mission). If the ai cant handle random maps, then please put in some pregenerated ones, let us select a map out of a map pool, change some settings like Techtree (use the screen on the host server map settings).

6. Multiplayer isnt working at all  Cry
When i host a game and click on any map settings like tech tree, or map type then the game freezes and crashes back to desktop

7. Translation is very weird, i know you guys are from russia, well, atleast we can play it in english now Tongue

8. more stuff. There is so much stuff that is easy to implent, like several types of ACML, you need to research them first and then these new types have better chance to intercept missiles, they also cost more to produce them.

9. Emp is allmost useless, 10 seconds downtime per emp module is like nothing. i rarely if ever use them because i could just pack in some explosive, most buildings stop to work if theyre hit with any explosive

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 07. Mar 2011 at 08:36

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

10. Some way to store missiles, how about an ammo storage? if the CML + ACML are full then all additional missiles will be stored there. If the building blows up then there should be high damage to any buildings surrounding it.

11. As i said in my previous post, we realy need a way to rise/lower more then one square of land at once. Its just no fun to click 200+ times (not kidding) if i want to build some windmills on the highest landlevel possible.

How about using the mousewheel to select different sizes? Sizes: 1x1 (the one we have now), 2x2 and 4x4. It allways take the map height level at the point you click, so if you select 4x4 and click on a land + rise it then it would try to rise all land within 4x4.

12. Blackmarket is great! Why cant i buy random stuff? (only selling). would be great to have random offers which allways cost alot but you could buy good stuff.

13. A superweapon! A very BIG and expensive missile! I would suggest a placeable missile launcher, which has exactly one missile, you can launch it one time and thats it. The missile should have 3-4 hitpoints (so it needs 3-4 hits from ACML) and do huge damage in a huge range.

14. It is hard to see where the enemy missiles detonate on your island. Let all missiles fly from the edge of the map (after arrival, when the voice says "Missile approaching") to the impact location, if they only have recon then just make them travel accross the enemy map taking the photos. Please implent this, this would make the game like 100 times more fun to watch, i would even pay $$$ for it. You already have all missile models completed and all the effects, it  should not be that hard to implent. I would donate 100$ right now with paypal if you start working on this feature.

15. I cant delete any designs, the buttons just dont do anything for me. Also, is there a way to launch specific missiles from a CML launcher? like there are 8 missiles loaded and i want to launch one with recon module in em

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 07. Mar 2011 at 16:32

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Sinatra wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 02:32:
Lord Danil wrote on 06. Mar 2011 at 23:24:
Hi,

How long game running?

Smiley

Hi,

thanks for your quick reaply!

Like I said... the first mission runs without problems... It always crashes against the medium AI (red) and sometimes crashes against the easy AI (blue). Most times the game crashes after 30 min... sometimes earlier...

The configurations of the PC´s are the following:

1. Quad Core 6600, Geforce 9800 GT, 4 GB RAM, Vista 64 bit
2. Quad Core 9550, Geforce GTX 250, 8 GB RAM, Vista 64 bit
3. AMD X6, ATI 6950 with 2 GB, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit

I think it is a bit weird that no one else is having this problem, but me on all three computers...  Cry  if it helps: I bought the game on Impulse...

Please help... I wanna continue this game!!!!  Smiley

Hi,
I am sorry that you are having all these troubles with the game,  and I am ready to help you get over them. I would like to know:
1. what is the last action you take before the game crashes?
2. Can you try to play in window mode (just uncheck fullscreen in the options and return to the main menu)
3. Maybe You could tell me in a nutshell how you play that second mission (which buildings you use in which order etc...)

Thanks for playing the game, It's much appreciated.
Regards,

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 07. Mar 2011 at 21:36

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Talemones wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 08:28:
1. I get random crashes, the game just freezes and then it crashes to desktop. When i click on any multiplayer host map setting (like map size) then the game freezes, allways repeatable. My system: Win 7 64 bit, HD 5850, 4GB Ram, newest drivers.

Hm, we don't test on Win 7, may be it is capability problem. We try check this.

2. I realy like the buildings, great design! i would like to have more building options, like a 2x2 Windmill (needs research first!)

Nice idea, we have some one, but we make feature-freeze. Because making all this features takes a lot of time.

3. There are several bugs, missing features: The ACML launch animation is missing/not playing. Sometimes when i rise/lower the amount of stuff in the factory then the counter resets to 0, so i need to click again. The CML missiles disapear to soon after launch. Why cant i watch them fly away till they reach the end of the map   Undecided

ACML animation we cut. Feature-cut. Sad
Reset to 0 occur in situation when count of minerals modifying (example - add/remove some minerals on storage building).
CML launches - yes it is. Like in real world - push the button and missile fly away... Smiley

4. I dont like the first campaign mission, allmost no research options, not a single missile case to research = boring, long gameplay.

Maybe you are right, but do first mission for teaching the basic in game - building and setting up production. If we use all features in first mission, then other mission would be boring.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 07. Mar 2011 at 21:47

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Hi again,
5. Some way to play vs ai on any map without having to start the campaign (+ playing the first boring mission). If the ai cant handle random maps, then please put in some pregenerated ones, let us select a map out of a map pool, change some settings like Techtree (use the screen on the host server map settings).

Maybe in future we add this feature.

6. Multiplayer isnt working at all  Cry
When i host a game and click on any map settings like tech tree, or map type then the game freezes and crashes back to desktop

Ok, we check this, but for now I only can suggest what this is Win7 capability bug.

7. Translation is very weird, i know you guys are from russia, well, atleast we can play it in english now Tongue

I agree with you, may be you can help us? In folder \Localdata\En\Texts\  are all text files, may be you can correct some mistakes? It would be great!

8. more stuff. There is so much stuff that is easy to implent, like several types of ACML, you need to research them first and then these new types have better chance to intercept missiles, they also cost more to produce them.

Smiley

9. Emp is allmost useless, 10 seconds downtime per emp module is like nothing. i rarely if ever use them because i could just pack in some explosive, most buildings stop

At early levels may be, but at 4-7 AI can paralyze your defense system with them! Try to play and you will see.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #14 - 07. Mar 2011 at 22:01

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Talemones wrote on 07. Mar 2011 at 08:36:
10. Some way to store missiles, how about an ammo storage? if the CML + ACML are full then all additional missiles will be stored there. If the building blows up then there should be high damage to any buildings surrounding it.

When I design game I planned that 10 per 1 building is enough, max CML - 10, so max CM is 100!!!! Is that enough? Smiley

11. As i said in my previous post, we realy need a way to rise/lower more then one square of land at once. Its just no fun to click 200+ times (not kidding) if i want to build some windmills on the highest landlevel possible.
How about using the mousewheel to select different sizes? Sizes: 1x1 (the one we have now), 2x2 and 4x4. It allways take the map height level at the point you click, so if you select 4x4 and click on a land + rise it then it would try to rise all land within 4x4.

I know, but why you need highest level? 2 Wind Gens generate more energy on middle level, then 1 on highest level. And you even save some money. About area 2x2 and so on - I think this would be nice. Smiley

12. Blackmarket is great! Why cant i buy random stuff? (only selling). would be great to have random offers which allways cost alot but you could buy good stuff.

May be, but useless, because buying 2-4 some parts, you it does not affect the game style. Like selling parts too.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print