Suggestions (Read 153050 times)
Reply #30 - 01. Jun 2011 at 23:00

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Raptor wrote on 01. Jun 2011 at 16:02:
Hi Danil...!!!?

you are right....mineral related problem was Graphic card related Problem....i tried this in another system having.. AMD athlon 3GHz with Nvidia Geforce 6150se Graphic card (512MB) and 1.5GB RAM..... there is no... any mineral type issue detected in that system....
but another observation.. i am writing here....

1)when enemy camp (Specially enemy Drop ship) take more damage ..... Game is Crashing there...

You need MINimum 2 Gb RAM, you write above 1,5Gb - it is problem with game crashing to desktop. Turn off terrain shader mode you can play longer but still may be not enough RAM.

Raptor wrote on 01. Jun 2011 at 16:02:
2) when i turned off Shader terrain mode by your advice... in that system...(intel P4 3Ghz with integrated graphic card (224MB)with 2 GB RAM) all things are OK...but.....i was not able to lunch any missile...missile lunch button was not work at all...!!!     (isn't it interesting...!!!??...  Cheesy .....)

Integrated video card take memory from RAM. So you have 224 VideoMemory and (2000-224=) 1776 Mb Ram. This below than 2Gb RAM. This can crash game. About missile launch - you need set target missile for each missile (in case of recon missile you need set recon target too). Also there is situation when missile load in launch tube. Usualy it take 40 seconds.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #31 - 02. Jun 2011 at 15:58

Raptor   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Come From.... Future....
India

OK...
Thanks for reply......

These may be reason.... Lips Sealed  ....

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 03. Jun 2011 at 22:14

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Raptor wrote on 02. Jun 2011 at 15:58:
OK...
Thanks for reply......

These may be reason.... Lips Sealed  ....

You are welcome! Thanks for your interest to our game.
Smiley

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #33 - 16. Jun 2011 at 06:53

Gunso_   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

awesome game!!

feels like sim city town war lol.

Suggestion
1. Can the powerline connection be more flexible? Like in simcity where u just connect anywhere on the building especially the wind tower and will disregard terrain.

2. Set auto sell mineral with option to set amount more than X = sell (like in caesar 3 game). because i'm getting crazy with my storage keep getting full and factories will stop working because of that. It will give u regular income so u can concentrate on attacking.

3. Defensive missile should have auto defend option, accuracy will depend on upgrade or something if u want  to make it challenging. Maybe upgrade on the radar building itself and have radius of defensive area cover.

4. You can make upgrade on building itself instead of science center like forged alliance for mining factory and etc and leave science building economy research for much advance research.

5. awesome game if it have auto save option in game =/

that's all i can think for now.

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 16. Jun 2011 at 12:00

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Gunso_ wrote on 16. Jun 2011 at 06:53:
awesome game!!

feels like sim city town war lol.

Suggestion
1. Can the powerline connection be more flexible? Like in simcity where u just connect anywhere on the building especially the wind tower and will disregard terrain.

2. Set auto sell mineral with option to set amount more than X = sell (like in caesar 3 game). because i'm getting crazy with my storage keep getting full and factories will stop working because of that. It will give u regular income so u can concentrate on attacking.

3. Defensive missile should have auto defend option, accuracy will depend on upgrade or something if u want  to make it challenging. Maybe upgrade on the radar building itself and have radius of defensive area cover.

4. You can make upgrade on building itself instead of science center like forged alliance for mining factory and etc and leave science building economy research for much advance research.

5. awesome game if it have auto save option in game =/

that's all i can think for now.

Thank you for good review, and suggestions. Some of them is truly useful.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #35 - 18. Jun 2011 at 16:03

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

My suggestions would be:

1. Allow an auto launch feature for the anti missile launchers. The player could have the possibility to set a certain number of counter missiles to be launched per incoming missile, depending on what area they are in. For example one missile in the first area, two missiles in the second. Maybe you could even make a difference between known small, medium, large missiles and unknown missiles, so the player can set it up once to his liking and then sit back mostly. He could of course override it by sending more countermissiles after a large missile if he is scared.

2. Allow entering of numbers in the production and sales screen directly. My hand is in pain from all the clicking and I'd much rather like to use both hands equally. Or, if you can, add shortcuts for increasing and decreasing the ammount to be produced by 1/10/100 steps. Or simply implement a way to hold down the mouse button on the button and it continues to increase at a (user?)defined rate.

3. At some point, remove Securom.

4. Allow a singleplayer skirmish mission with all research against an AI. Right now, you have to go through the campaign to get to all research options. Maybe I missed something, though?

5. Certain messages reset what you are doing, for example I think I noticed that incoming missiles reset the build order when trying to build a specific missile (when you haven't commited to the build order yet, it will go back to the first missile in the list and discard everything you did).

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 18. Jun 2011 at 18:47

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

2. You can use Right mouse click to increase/decrease number by 10 (left - by 1.).
3. Why?
5. In Patch 1.5 we fixed this: "- In factory's production screen, counter not reset any more. (Also you can use right mouse click on + and - buttons to increase or decrease production set number.)"

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #37 - 18. Jun 2011 at 20:09

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I have 1.5 Build 2051.
I just tested it again and in a game where I had a lot of production facilities, it was almost impossible to select a missile besides the first one. It would always jump back to the first one and close the drop down menu. I also have the issue that soon after, the game seems to crash. Cannot finish the second campaign mission.

And regarding Securom, since I do not know what deal you made with them, limited activations or anything, I'd rather have it removed so when I look back in 10 years and still want to play the game, I can without issues and not be locked out when they decide to stop activating it for me. I just hate Securom and boycotted every game with Starforce. I also think that you do not need to do it right now (upon release), but at some point in the future as a customer service.  Wink

I did not know about the right mouse button. It seemed unnatural to me since I probably assumed that it would close the active window.  Smiley

Edit: I wonder if multiple players for online play would be possible. I can imagine 4 or more players fighting for dominance with secret alliances against the stronger players, backstabbing and the like. You'd need to be able to swtich the view of the enemies map to the different players of course.

Edit2: I gifted someone the game and we tried to play multiplayer. However as soon as I placed down a nuclear power plant, the game went out of sync, it seemed, as it slowed down to a crawl, not reacting anymore. My friend said that the game stopped responding for him and then crashed. Any idea what we could do?

Edit3: We tried again, this time with Tech level 1 instead of 5. What happened was that we were unable to research or build missiles, no tech center, etc. We were stuck with the warehouse or factory as a last building and could not progress further. Is there a setting that allows the research through all techs? Tech 5 already had some techs researched.

Edit4: The mp game crashed, as I build a battery /nochars
« Last Edit: 19. Jun 2011 at 03:02 by Breitschwert »  
IP Logged

Reply #38 - 19. Jun 2011 at 04:53

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

The multi player part of the game is still an experiment that's why the game is still in displayed as single player on impulse. We need a bigger team to test it out. The voices are hierarchically sorted, so , yes one can override another. Lord Danil was talking about counter resetting  in the factory menu, that we did fix indeed.
We really appreciate your time spent on the game and we thank you for that. The game was designed to be hardcore because we didn't want people to keep pressing (ctrl+S) to save the game every time Smiley, but I know the game is crashing on some computers and that is very annoying as you loose all your progression, I do apologize for that. Our focus now is still the stability of the game, we will try to stimulate as many situation as we can to be able to reproduce crash-bugs and fix them. The log file would help, as these are random crash, it's like blue screen of dead in windows OS, you have a lot of thing written but I bet you never got some answer from a tech using that log Smiley.

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 19. Jun 2011 at 12:02

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I did not notice the counter bug, since I started with 1.5. I meant the bug that the dropdownlist is reset after a longer game, so you have a hard time selecting a missile other than the first one you designed.

You can still design a hardcore game with a save-feature. Just allow one savegame per level then, so people can save their progress, without retrying stuff. Personally I do not think that forcing a person to sit through the 2 hour game sessions is a good idea and saving should be in. People can save as much as they want and have the game as hardcore as they like.

I haven't found the logfile yet, where is it located? Or do you mean the error message that says which exe file has caused an error? The hge.log in the game directory is empty.

Edit: And I didn't know that it was intended to be SP only for now. Just saw the multiplayer option in one of the youtube videos and was intrigued.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 19. Jun 2011 at 21:49

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

We will save the last missile used in a given factory if it still exist. I think that will be available with the next patch.for now you might want to delete prototypes you do not need any more from the prototypes screen, tab "delete".

We realise the need of save game while beta testing, that's why we are still without it now, as the game need some serious refactoring and regression testing to include such feature as it wasn't in the initial game's design document. But we definitively want to implement it as soon as possible because as you (and many others) said, it's a big negative point in the game.

It's normal that hge.log file is empty, that means everything is fine with the core graphics engine, I thing your crash after two hours of play is related to memory/resources management of game objects, the problem is appears only on some machines, that 's why it's difficult to tell. Maybe it's even related to OS resources allocation as the music dropping while playing.

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 20. Jun 2011 at 23:45

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Breitschwert wrote on 18. Jun 2011 at 20:09:
We tried again, this time with Tech level 1 instead of 5. What happened was that we were unable to research or build missiles, no tech center, etc. We were stuck with the warehouse or factory as a last building and could not progress further. Is there a setting that allows the research through all techs? Tech 5 already had some techs researched.

Tech level 1 I planned for economic victory condition for 1-st mission in campaign, but we cut this. So you need set at least 2-nd tech level to able to fire missiles.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #42 - 20. Jun 2011 at 23:50

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Breitschwert wrote on 19. Jun 2011 at 12:02:
You can still design a hardcore game with a save-feature. Just allow one savegame per level then, so people can save their progress, without retrying stuff.

It is sound like easy feature, but it is really hard to release because we don't planning make a save game when we begin our develop. We need rebuild all game mechanics to make savegame. So it is require time. May be later but not now. Now we need fix a game crushes, this is high-priority level task.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #43 - 21. Jun 2011 at 01:10

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Yes saving is a hard feature to implement, I know. Bugfixing first would be great.

I tried playing again and it locked up at 1 hour 37 minutes, shortly before I am able to beat the mission. The game has some hiccups and lags as it gets closer to this, noticable when the missiles impact for example. Also the resetting of the dropdownbox happen that late. I also noticed that sometimes the "On" description for the power plant auto refuel disappears late in the game. Maybe this is related to the crashing?
I noticed that the memory usage for the program went up from around 950MB to 1150MB when it crashed, shouldn't be a memory problem I think (unless it is supposed to stay constant).

I noticed that the anti missile ammo is stored in the factory, but the factory says that it is currently doing nothing. Maybe replacing the symbol to a missile storing symbol, if it is doing nothing and missiles are still inside would be great. That way, you can tell that this factory shouldn't start another production. Or make it possible for storages to either hold resources or missiles (switching between the two or make missile a resource that can be held by the storages too parallel to the resources).

Can you implement a tech level that allows research from start to finish? Tech level 2 is probably only basic missiles and tech level 5 starts you at a high tech. Maybe you can change tech level 1 to a setting that allows you to research from start to finish and call it "All", while then moving down the other tech levels from 1 to 4.

I cannot currently play the game, because of the crashes, even though I would like to. If you do beta testing for patches, I can do that, too some extend.

IP Logged

Reply #44 - 22. Jun 2011 at 03:36

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi,
It's very weird what's happening to you, I really do apologize for that.
I think it's definitively a memory issue, as I think the lag during the game would be windows swapping. That shouldn't happen based on your spec,1gb videoRam and 4 gb System RAM shoulb be more than enough to play the game. What you could do, it's to start the game, unchecked "Shadder Terrain Mode" in the graphics Options menu, and try to play that should reduce the amount of memory needed for the by a third at least, and let see if you will be able to play that way.
Thanks for your comments we will take that into account for sure!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print