Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: When the skirmish mode/quick mission will be added ?

Skirmish mode    
  2 (66.7%)
Quick mission    
  1 (33.3%)

Total votes: 3
« Created by: Axoex on: 17. Jul 2011 at 22:50 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Game crash / suggestions (Read 139273 times)
Reply #15 - 08. Jul 2011 at 08:18

Talemones   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

How about multiplayer? The game is a huge potential for multiplayer matches. Currently it just doesnt work.

It either crashes in multiplayer or goes completly out of sync where everything takes ages. Like you build a windmill and 2 minutes later it apears

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 08. Jul 2011 at 15:29

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi, we would love to make it multiplayer, but we do not Have enough resources to work on that now. Our road Map in a nutshell is basically:
Crash free Single Player
Save
Skirmish
Multiplayer

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 10. Jul 2011 at 08:01

ScottWAR   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I wonder,....in skirmish will you just be able to use current maps, or is it going to be possible to have randomly created maps?

Also, if randomly created maps are possible, then when multiplayer is fixed,.....will the two sides have the same map or will they be two different maps? Is it possible to make that an option we can choose to use or not use,...call it 'mirrored map' or something like that.

Also, will it be possible to have different size maps randomly created? Small, medium, large, huge,...etc or even letting us input or X/Y values.

« Last Edit: 10. Jul 2011 at 13:31 by ScottWAR »  
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 11. Jul 2011 at 14:15

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

ScottWAR wrote on 10. Jul 2011 at 08:01:
I wonder,....in skirmish will you just be able to use current maps, or is it going to be possible to have randomly created maps?

Also, if randomly created maps are possible, then when multiplayer is fixed,.....will the two sides have the same map or will they be two different maps? Is it possible to make that an option we can choose to use or not use,...call it 'mirrored map' or something like that.

Also, will it be possible to have different size maps randomly created? Small, medium, large, huge,...etc or even letting us input or X/Y values.

Yes in skirmish mode and in multilayer is random generation map every time when you create a game. You can set some parameters like map size (small 40x40, medium 50x50 and huge 60x60). Mirrored maps and keyboard input are unavailable.

p.s. Patch 1.6 is ready and soon will be available on Impulse and Gamer's Gate (I just uploaded patch to this portals).

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 12. Jul 2011 at 09:43

ScottWAR   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I really wish you could post your patches somewhere for us to download. Anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes gamersgate to get patches up for download?
« Last Edit: 12. Jul 2011 at 11:10 by ScottWAR »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 12. Jul 2011 at 10:28

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Patch notes sound great, can't wait. Personally, I think multiplayer should come before skirmish, but that is just me trying to have a fight with my friends ingame. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 13. Jul 2011 at 15:57

ScottWAR   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Still no patch at gamersgate. Cry
« Last Edit: 13. Jul 2011 at 17:29 by ScottWAR »  
IP Logged

Reply #22 - 14. Jul 2011 at 12:27

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

ScottWAR wrote on 12. Jul 2011 at 09:43:
I really wish you could post your patches somewhere for us to download. Anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes gamersgate to get patches up for download?

We can't upload patches to someone else. Because we don't use any DRM. Impulse and Gamer'sGate using themself DRM.

If we upload unprotected exe in patch, then it would be No-CD like.
Gamer's Gate usually make available patch faster then impulse, but now it make delay.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #23 - 14. Jul 2011 at 22:00

ScottWAR   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Patch is there now.

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 14. Jul 2011 at 22:44

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

ScottWAR wrote on 14. Jul 2011 at 22:00:
Patch is there now.

Confirm! Available on Gamer's Gate.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #25 - 17. Jul 2011 at 18:28

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I will try and emulate that. I tend to agree with you that your PC is fine, it was just to see if the crash will happen at the same time.
The CML doesn't need to be connected to work, this is a hidden undocumented feature, that great player like you sooner than later always find Smiley. I am sure even Lord Danil didn't know about that Smiley. I think it's fun to have such features hidden for the players to explore and use.

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 17. Jul 2011 at 22:50

Axoex   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Poland

When the skirmish mode/quick mission will be added ?
I wait for it and many gamers too. It will be good if skirmish contains randomly generated map with all options like in multiplayer mode.

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 17. Jul 2011 at 23:34

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Axoex wrote on 17. Jul 2011 at 22:50:
When the skirmish mode/quick mission will be added ?
I wait for it and many gamers too. It will be good if skirmish contains randomly generated map with all options like in multiplayer mode.

I will be honest. Skirmish with full random generation landscape have 1 big problem - is AI. Our AI using in campaign - is scripted AI. Enemy construct building in special place and attack player in certain time. Our AI can't modify land, can't choose proper place for building. We try make a wise AI, but it is very difficult. Because every time landscape is different. So this feature is second priority. When we add skirmish to update - I don't know.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 17. Jul 2011 at 23:36

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

01 wrote on 17. Jul 2011 at 18:28:
Hi,
Thanks for the info, I will try and emulate that. I tend to agree with you that your PC is fine, it was just to see if the crash will happen at the same time.
The CML doesn't need to be connected to work, this is a hidden undocumented feature, that great player like you sooner than later always find Smiley. I am sure even Lord Danil didn't know about that Smiley. I think it's fun to have such features hidden for the players to explore and use.

That's right. I did not known about this bug Feature!   Smiley

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #29 - 17. Jul 2011 at 23:44

Axoex   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Poland

So maybe some of new maps with programed AI ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print