Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Suggestions (Read 153059 times)
Reply #45 - 23. Jun 2011 at 03:47

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I have some more suggestions, regarding the interface:

If possible, make it so that you can switch the missile launchers 1 to 10 with the numeric keys. This would reduce mouse usage.
Make it possible to use the status display to launch the missile directly from there. It would basically act like the launch button on the separate tab.
Please give us a shortcut to the "set target" button for the
missiles.
Last but not least, maybe you want to consider marking empty missile silos as red, instead of blue. This way, you would have the following:
Missile silos with no missile in queue or non-build missile silos would be red = currently useless
Missile silos with missiles that could be loaded and silos with loaded missiles that have no target set for the missile should be blue
Missile silos that have a target set and are waiting for the loading to finish, could be green and if you want to get fancy, silos that are ready to launch could blink green or just show green as well.

Basically it is a pain right now to know which silo actually needs my input. I have to browse all silos everytime, because I cannot see at a glance which one does and doesn't have orders yet and which one does or doesn't have missiles. It also requires use of the mouse with several mouse clicks at a rapid rate, which is sort of painful.

Maybe nuclear reactors should start with auto refuel at on, but this is a personal preference. I wouldn't know someone who would wanted to refuel them manually, ever.

The autolaunch feature for defensive missiles would have my highest priority for new features. I cannot count the number of times that I had to stop designing missiles or doing other stuff, just to go to the defend window to launch missiles.

P.S. I currently finished the last two maps in about 1 hour, so I didn't get to the point where it would've crashed. I played with shaders off, but the memory usage was pretty much the same. Will keep an eye out for it once I get to play longer again.

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 24. Jun 2011 at 12:35

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Breitschwert wrote on 23. Jun 2011 at 03:47:
If possible, make it so that you can switch the missile launchers 1 to 10 with the numeric keys. This would reduce mouse usage.

You mean switch between silos in ACC screen targeting page?

Make it possible to use the status display to launch the missile directly from there. It would basically act like the launch button on the separate tab.

It possible, but I don't understand why? Launching preparing is part of firing process, so doubles fire control is useless. You going to ACC screen, make preparation, fire missiles and exit from acc. Why you need make preparation to fire (set targets) and  exit? Why you need delay and fire missiles from mini launch panel?

Please give us a shortcut to the "set target" button for the
missiles.

And that is too - I don't understand why you need this?

Last but not least, maybe you want to consider marking empty missile silos as red, instead of blue.

Red dots - missile silo and launching tube is empty.
Blue dots - there is a missiles, but CM not ready for launch (it may be missile reloading or targets not set)
Green dots - missile ready to launch.

We can added yellow light for CM that have missiles with set targets. (so in this way missile just not finished reload to launching tube).

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #47 - 24. Jun 2011 at 12:42

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Maybe nuclear reactors should start with auto refuel at on, but this is a personal preference. I wouldn't know someone who would wanted to refuel them manually, ever.

If player buy Radiaterium for Nuclear warhead, there is no way to stop grabbing radiaterium from storages when Nuclear Power Plant finish building (when auto refill would be ON at start). Better way - you need manually start auto refill Nuclear power plant.

The autolaunch feature for defensive missiles would have my highest priority for new features. I cannot count the number of times that I had to stop designing missiles or doing other stuff, just to go to the defend window to launch missiles.

Smiley I think we can do this.

P.S. I currently finished the last two maps in about 1 hour, so I didn't get to the point where it would've crashed. I played with shaders off, but the memory usage was pretty much the same. Will keep an eye out for it once I get to play longer again.

Ok. By the way I make a death wave at 3 hours of play, so you guaranty will be destroyed by enemy. Be careful.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #48 - 24. Jun 2011 at 13:51

Breitschwert   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Lord Danil wrote on 24. Jun 2011 at 12:42:
You mean switch between silos in ACC screen targeting page?

Yes the switching between silos, again to reduce mouse strain.

It possible, but I don't understand why? Launching preparing is part of firing process, so doubles fire control is useless. You going to ACC screen, make preparation, fire missiles and exit from acc. Why you need make preparation to fire (set targets) and  exit? Why you need delay and fire missiles from mini launch panel?

Sometimes there is a phase where I do not fire a missile for some time. Then I get back to setting the launch parameters when the missiles have already been loaded, so I could launch them right away after giving them a target and then setting up the other target for the next missile, without switching tabs.

And that is too - I don't understand why you need this?

To reduce mouse strain and make firing missiles easier. I could use the keyboard more instead of doing everything via mouse.

Red dots - missile silo and launching tube is empty.
Blue dots - there is a missiles, but CM not ready for launch (it may be missile reloading or targets not set)
Green dots - missile ready to launch.

We can added yellow light for CM that have missiles with set targets. (so in this way missile just not finished reload to launching tube).

That would work. However there would be no distinguishing between silos that have missiles ready to load (autoreload off) and unbuild silos.

Also a death wave? What?  Shocked The AI will win after 3 hours no matter what? Aw. But does that happen if I destroy the missile silos/radar of the enemy as well or does it only happen if the enemy can actually launch missiles?

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 25. Jun 2011 at 00:37

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

About keyboard launching I think about, may be new mini panel... We will see...

If enemy CM system (including Radar) is damaged, attacking AI is slowdown and make some time-brake, when system is restored attacking AI continue attacking at full strength. When time has come to an end (3-4 hours) death wave initiating - enemy launch about 20 best prototype missiles at dropship and bases, if player could intercept and save at lease one base - he will survive, and enemy no longer attack a player, so player can easily finish an enemy. In my theoretical calculation there is a small chance to survive = 10%. So death wave is gameover for slow players.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #50 - 25. Jun 2011 at 23:32

ScottWAR   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Great little game. As someone else said elsewhere here, very much like Metal Marines, and I loved that game.

Suggestions-
Make things an option as much as possible. Take the death wave.......I would make it so we could turn that off if we liked. Some people actually like taking their time,...building large bases, etc.......you want people to be able to play their own way if possible.

Skirmish- Already mentioned, just wanted to add that it is one of the most important features you can add to make this game a long term success.

Save- Right up there with skirmish in importance.

Check out metal marines if you ever get the chance.......it will be tough to get your hands on though. There was a PC version and a Super Nintendo version.

The differences are- No resources, no missle design, and Metal Marines had large robots (Metal Marines) you could build and send over behind a missle attack. They would roam around a limited area and destroy everything there.The enemy can build gun emplacements to shoot at marines,....and wherever you build the building that houses the marine,...it is also availabe for defense. Otherwise the same basic game,....yours is(thankfully) more in depth than Metal Marines was.

« Last Edit: 26. Jun 2011 at 04:14 by ScottWAR »  
IP Logged

Reply #51 - 28. Jun 2011 at 18:35

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

I saw video on youtube and find that some feature is like in Marines... But I inspired by a sample navy battle (in Russia this game is widely know).

About Death wave - may be you are right. I think I remove it in next patch 1.6.

Skirmish - as soon as possible.

Save game - as soon as possible too.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #52 - 16. Jul 2011 at 16:47

Raptor   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Come From.... Future....
India

Hi Dinal...!!?

Here i have some suggestion.....If it is possible or you like.

1) Can we add different types Defense Towers which will automatically Fire AML or other weapons when Missile come in Range or Near Player's Base.
like Warzone 2100 Game.
           OR
Can we add this Facility as a Upgrade at Missile LAB ?
Because there is....no any Upgrades about Defense...in this Game.

2) Can we add some such powerful "Super Weapons" that can be employed to cause a massive amount of Damage or Explore Area... in a short period of time....... like "Gravity Bomb" or "Radiation Cascade" or other fantasy Weapons.....
like in Universe at War: Earth Assault Game......

Below Next Post is Example of Some Super Weapons:

IP Logged

Reply #53 - 16. Jul 2011 at 16:51

Raptor   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Come From.... Future....
India

# Super Weapons:->

1) The Novus Camp:> have the Gravity Bomb and the EMP.
The Gravity Bomb creates a black hole that the Scrin wishes they had. all units smaller than a walker (that's everything really) is sucked into the black hole or is ripped to pieces. You get a couple of seconds to run or try to send it back to sender if you're Masari, but otherwise you're screwed, although Walkers can be armor plated strongly enough to resist.
The EMP is the EMP from CnC3 (command and conquer 3) pretty much, with the same pretty effect. Stops all mechanical units. Can be upgraded to spread computer viruses so that if you can't finish the units, the computer viruses will screw them over so bad they'll wish they were dead.

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 16. Jul 2011 at 16:51

Raptor   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Come From.... Future....
India

2) The Masari Camp> have Burning Wrath and Matter Storm.
The only problem is that it comes from one structure so if it dies, you loose two superweapons! Also, the timer depends on you either staying in Light Mode or Dark Mode. If you switch (which is very useful at times) the timer also resets to zero, so it can be annoying if you like to change tactics in a hurry. Anyway, Burning Wrath is the Particle Cannon from the game CnC Generals that creates a column of burning flame through the floor which burns anything it touches and can be controlled like a unit to literally write your name in the enemy's base.
The Matter Storm produces the 'rain of pain'. Anything caught in the storm takes slow damage and all friendly units gain their Dark Matter Armour faster. Can be upgraded to repair damaged units as well, so you can actually safely fire it on your own troops!

IP Logged

Reply #55 - 16. Jul 2011 at 16:52

Raptor   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Come From.... Future....
India

3)The Heirarchy Camp:> have the Mass Drop and the Radiation Cascade.
The Mass Drop gets one of the collection ships in orbit above Earth to drop some garbage at the target! It doesn't really hurt that much but you get a random collection of junk to fall on the enemy, so it at least looks funny (watch for cows!) .
The Radiation Cascade is EVIL! It has to be mounted on a Science Walker and is expensive to buy and research. Also if the walker dies, or one of the walker's hardpoints are killed, your investment is wasted. You have to literally walk to the target at about 2MPH and when activated will kill anything in front of the walker.

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 17. Jul 2011 at 23:18

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Very interesting features... May be... But not now.
All features said by players on this forum is perfect material for Direct Hit 2: Future wars. Wink

We try make game a bugless. And working on savegame feature. Maybe after that we add some new features.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #57 - 19. Jul 2011 at 08:40

Raptor   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Come From.... Future....
India

Wow.....Direct Hit 2: Future wars......Sounds Good..

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 21. Jul 2011 at 23:41

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Raptor wrote on 19. Jul 2011 at 08:40:
Wow.....Direct Hit 2: Future wars......Sounds Good..

Smiley))

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #59 - 18. Aug 2011 at 03:50

Flexscan123   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Fantasy & Space Strategy
fan !
Japan

Hello I am enjoying this game to play.  If UI was improved more, I thought that this game was more fun.
  • more tooltips (especially mineral names at mineral map and right mineral panel)
  • display storage free capacity without w-click it
  • display factory production progress without w-click it

Lastly, though it is not UI, factory allow to production queue

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print