Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
English version (disscussion). (Read 271172 times)
Reply #105 - 20. Apr 2011 at 04:18

Carlin   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I don't know how hard it is for you to make the synthetic voice, but in English the voice should say, "Production on hold" instead of "Production is hold" when the Factory finishes production. If it's difficult to change that, then just leave it.

IP Logged

Reply #106 - 20. Apr 2011 at 17:22

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Carlin wrote on 20. Apr 2011 at 04:18:
I don't know how hard it is for you to make the synthetic voice, but in English the voice should say, "Production on hold" instead of "Production is hold" when the Factory finishes production. If it's difficult to change that, then just leave it.

Ok we correct this, but a bit later. Any way - thanks for this. Smiley

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #107 - 20. Apr 2011 at 18:06

Hermundure   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi all,

Its been a few hours since I bought this game on impulse and I really must say I like it very much as far as I am able to play it.

And this is exactly why I post here looking for some help,
I have the latest patch installed (1.3) and face the following game stopping problem:

I start a campaign and everytime I start my first scenario my game crashes as soon as the radar station goes online.

To be clear: Building the radar is fine but after you build it you see some kind of countdown in the lower left and right corners of the screen if it reaches 0 some sound is played which shows the radar is online and after this the game crashes every time. It dont matter if I fight against the one or the other enemy in the campaign screen, it just crashes everytime the radar is about to go online.

This pretty much makes it unable for me to play this nice game, is there anything I could do to make it work? I already tested it 12 times with different settings like another resolution and the like but it just keeps crashing.

Thx for the answer in advance!

Herm

Edit: I just fixed it by changing the refresh rate to 60, I dont know how but it works ^^
« Last Edit: 20. Apr 2011 at 23:37 by Hermundure »  
IP Logged

Reply #108 - 21. Apr 2011 at 02:28

Carlin   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hermundure wrote on 20. Apr 2011 at 18:06:
I start a campaign and every time I start my first scenario my game crashes as soon as the radar station goes online.

Edit: I just fixed it by changing the refresh rate to 60, I don't know how but it works ^^

Herm, if you have an LCD then the refresh must always be 60. They're made to operate at 60 and nothing else (There are a few new LCDs made to run at 120 for using 3D glasses but that's just two images, each at 60).

IP Logged

Reply #109 - 21. Apr 2011 at 08:11

01   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Carlin wrote on 21. Apr 2011 at 02:28:
Hermundure wrote on 20. Apr 2011 at 18:06:
I start a campaign and every time I start my first scenario my game crashes as soon as the radar station goes online.

Edit: I just fixed it by changing the refresh rate to 60, I don't know how but it works ^^

Herm, if you have an LCD then the refresh must always be 60. They're made to operate at 60 and nothing else (There are a few new LCDs made to run at 120 for using 3D glasses but that's just two images, each at 60).

Hi,
I think this is caused by a frame counter software(like fraps) or by graphics card drivers, The game check if the computer(graphics card) can handle a resolution upon start, so if you are able to play the game that means the check was successful. When you don't specify a refresh rate the game uses the max available on the monitor/graphics Card (this will be 60/85 fps for most lcd as Carlin mentioned), but it seems a layer between the game and the graphics card get spoiled during the game. It's great that you have a work around.
Thanks for posting your problem

IP Logged

Reply #110 - 28. Apr 2011 at 08:40

Carlin   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

For the player profile statistics, I noticed it's not counting properly for several items. This is very minor since it doesn't affect gameplay but I thought you should know:

- Time in game:
working

- Missions complete: seems to be
working
(I've only beat the first mission)
- Total missiles launched:
working

- Intercepted player missiles:
Not working
. This is counting missiles that hit enemy buildings and/or the ground as "intercepted".
- Intercepted enemy missiles:
Not working
. Again, this is counting missiles that hit my buildings as "intercepted".
- Nuke explosions: not tested
- Friendly buildings destroyed:
working

- Enemy buildings destroyed:
Partially working
. This works for most buildings except it isn't counting the destruction of the enemy Dropshop. Possibly the game needs to count the destruction of the Dropship before going to the victory screen.
- Fastest first launch:
working

- Longest game:
working

- Largest base:
Partially working
. This works fine until I play a few games and then it turns into some massive number like "937907609719740957097917950" and becomes useless. I will watch to see if this still happens in version 1.4.

IP Logged

Reply #111 - 29. Apr 2011 at 15:13

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Carlin

Ok. We check this.
Try to delete profile (to clear stats) and play on 1.4

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #112 - 30. Apr 2011 at 00:20

Carlin   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Lord Danil wrote on 29. Apr 2011 at 15:13:
Carlin

Ok. We check this.
Try to delete profile (to clear stats) and play on 1.4

Yes I patched to 1.4 and then deleted my profile to start over before I posted about this problem.

IP Logged

Reply #113 - 02. May 2011 at 23:52

Unreal   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Does anybody want to play multiplayer?

IP Logged

Reply #114 - 04. May 2011 at 00:53

Jecy   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hello,

I'm using Patch 4 (Build 1870) 20 April 2011 with core 2 duo processor, 2 gb ram and ati HD 2600 video card, windows 7 32bit.

I have some interesting problems: Sometimes, usually when a building finishes construction and i just opened the Defense screen, or the Missile developing screen, or targeting my missile at the enemy, the menu suddenly closes, (if i were in targeting mode, the mouse cursor stays blue or red circle, and the map switches back to my base)
Regarding issue that when i try to build some new building or produce something at the factory, if something happens at the background (eg. other building finished, transport ship arrived) the selection lost, and the produce counter resets to zero. This way it is really hard to set to build around 30 parts of something.
It would be good, if we could enter the number from keyboard, or if we keep pressing the button it would constantly calculate up/downwards. And this gets harder with the resetting bug..
Other advise is to enable scrolling by the arrow keys, and maybe a zooming feature with the mouse wheel. I would really like it  Roll Eyes

And finally the problem why i came to the forum. I got today two crashes at level 2. First was when the radar activated (I have a laptop, so my refresh rate always @ 60hz), second crash was after 2 hours of play i don't know the reason, but i got a little upset about it. There would be good an auto-save feature.

Edit: Ah, i remembered. The second crash happened, when i clicked on the intercept button for an incoming missile. But still don't understand why caused this a crash. The computer constantly sent the missiles since early game, and i intercepted a lot of them.

IP Logged

Reply #115 - 04. May 2011 at 13:38

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Jecy wrote on 04. May 2011 at 00:53:
menu suddenly closes, (if i were in targeting mode, the mouse cursor stays blue or red circle, and the map switches back to my base)

All actions in Air Control Center menu may interrupt if Radar switch to Off-line mode.  This menu only work when Radar is on and working (not in restarting mode).

and the produce counter resets to zero. This way it is really hard to set to build around 30 parts of something.

Counter reset to 0 in case of updating Minerals counter. (Helicopters may add to storage some minerals). You can quick increase by 10 pressing on "+" button by right mouse click. Same way with "-" button.

Other advise is to enable scrolling by the arrow keys, and maybe a zooming feature with the mouse wheel. I would really like it  Roll Eyes

You can setup this in main menu - Settings/Keyboard

crashes at level 2. First was when the radar activated (I have a laptop, so my refresh rate always @ 60hz), second crash was after 2 hours of play i don't know the reason, but i got a little upset about it. There would be good an auto-save feature.

Ok we check this.

Edit: Ah, i remembered. The second crash happened, when i clicked on the intercept button for an incoming missile. But still don't understand why caused this a crash. The computer constantly sent the missiles since early game, and i intercepted a lot of them.

And this will check too.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #116 - 10. May 2011 at 22:56

tomasoft   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I think you guys put a lot of effort in the making of your game it that is obvious. Yet on my rig with 2x6870HD, i7, 12GB RAM, Win 7 x64 i also get random crashes as other gamers do. I was never able to make it to the 4th level.

I think priority #1 is to be able to save while in mission. since the very early stages of development until now (patch 1.4) you have not been able to solve it. At least give us the option to save game progress.

The money i and other people have spent on the game would not have been wasted then. It is so annoying for the game to crash after 1,5 game play.

I am so angry with it that i will not play again the game until i see a patch 1.6 or 1.8 or something that will enable saving.

I read all the posts before i started mine and through all the other suggestions the one with the multiple tiles 2X2 or 4X4 and the e-line connections are the most important ones AFTER the save feature.

For now i am very dissapointed with the performance of the game, but as you guys (developers) seem to love your "creation" i believe that you won't abandon it and let it buggy and unfinished.

P.S : Sorry for the long post, and my bad english.

A supporter from Greece.

IP Logged

Reply #117 - 11. May 2011 at 19:24

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

We working on savegame option, but it very difficult feature, because we not planning this...  Watch our forum for new patch messages. Any way I send e-mail to you when we finished savegame feature.

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Reply #118 - 18. Jul 2011 at 15:11

Axoex   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Poland

I`v got a question: how to build holograms ?

IP Logged

Reply #119 - 21. Jul 2011 at 23:38

Lord Danil   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Polynetix Studio
Orel, Russian Federation

Axoex wrote on 18. Jul 2011 at 15:11:
I`v got a question: how to build holograms ?

Holograms is removed in final version. There is no holograms anymore.  Undecided

Forum Administrator
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print